Product and Company Identification
Composition/data On Ingredients
- Product Name - Self-Indicating (Blue) Silica Gel.
- Company - Madhuvan Silica Pvt. Ltd.
- E-mail - email@example.com
- Synthetic amorphous silica contain cobalt chloride
- Formula - SiO2 with CoCl2
- Silica Gel - CAS No. - 7631-86-9
- EINECS -231-545-4
- Hazardous components - Cobalt Chloride < 1%.
First Aid Measures
- Skin Contact - The product is very adsorbent thus it has a drying effect on skin.
- Eye Contact - It may causes irritation & redness on eyes.
- Ingestion - It may causes obstruction in stomach because of it's hardness and moisture adsorbent.
Fire Fighting Measures :
- Skin Contact - Wash with clean water about 10 minute. If required get medical attention.
- Eye Contact - Immediately flush with clean water about 10 minute. If required get medical advice.
- Ingestion - To take medical advice.
- Inhalation - Remove to fresh air and contact medical adviser.
Fire Extinguishing Media -Use any suitable media for extinguishing surrounding.
Accidental Release Measure
Handling & Storage
- Personal Precautions - Take care about respiratory & eye protection.
- Environmental precautions - Avoid rising dust and clean up the spill area.
Exposure Controls/personal Protection
- Handling - Handle with airtight container, moisture and water proof.
- Storage - Store in a cool, dry and ventilated area. Keep tightly sealed to protect quality of product.
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Respiratory - To use good quality dust mask.
- Hand - To use protective gloves.
- Eye - To use safety goggles.
- Skin - To use overalls.
Stability & Reactivity
- Appearance - Blue beads that turn pink on adsorption of moisture or water.
- Odour -Odourless
- pH - 4.0 to 8.0 ( 100g/l water).
- Density - 0.65 - 0.75 gm/ml
- Solubility - insoluble in water and solvents
- Boiling point/melting point - not applicable.
- Flammability/flash point - not applicable.
Stability - Stable under ordinary conditions of use and storage.
Toxicological Information :
The product is non - toxic.
Ecological/biological Information :
Silica gel is chemically and biologically inert. It is not degradable.
- This material is classified as special waste under the UK regulations 1996.
- Dispose the materials according to national and local regulations.
: Not dangerous goods according to the transport rules and regulations.